Comma splice? Yes or no. If it is a comma splice, fix the sentence.
1. “We just buy and sell real estate. It is what we do but the market doesn’t dictate the price,” she said.
2. In 2007, the average income in Washington was $55,628. The average income for Whitman County was $36,438.
3. He entered the three-mile race yesterday morning. However he does not have any shoes.
4. “Take a little out of athletics, take a little from the library, and save the rest of the money,” Jones said. yes
5. Dan is using an emerging farm trend. He purchased a no-till tractor two years ago.
Punctuate and correct the following sentences.
6. Smith drove the car with the dented door down to the Sea of Cortez.
7. He left Pullman, Wash., late Friday night, which worried his father.
8. I am teaching the class this morning and you are messaging people on Facebook.
9. Being a member of a club that has more than 1,000 members, can be overwhelming.
10. Hoping to leave early for Thanksgiving, but Mary’s car broke down on State Street. yes